Steve's GKD Legend

Steve's GKD Legend
Still, On the road again!

Search This Blog

Sunday 14 February 2016

Short to-do-list


 CKCDecember2015WEB

Hi and hope you had a great Christmas and New Year. After last year's long list of things to do, including change of clutch, ARP bolts, bearings etc. I decided to take it easy this winter and have the car ready and waiting if there was a nice sunny day. At the beginning of January the temperature was down to -18 oC but unfortunately I didn't have a chance to drive the car but last weekend the sun was shining so a trip to Rosenhill was in order. 

I actually hadn't done anything until today. In the autumn after the inlet manifold split I changed one of the gaskets for the supercharger but there was another I forgot about. Fuel consumption is not great so I thought I would replace both supercharger gaskets as well as the inlet manifold gasket, oil filter and oil. Not sure if fuel consumption will improve but it's worth a try.
Inlet manifold, plenum and supercharger in one nice removable chunk.

There is a spacer plate between the SC and plenum so a gasket is needed both sides of it. I'm not sure if and when the SC oil needs changing. I have no idea when it was changed last. Any advice would be greatly received.

I forgot to mention that I got a excellent write up in CKC's December's issue. Adam Wilkins, Feature Editor was very kind to meet me at TDI in July last year and take some great photos. 

I'm very proud of the five page spread inside.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on the write up! Will have to track down a copy on this side of the globe.
    Follow with interest the trials of the supercharger, not sure i will do it as moved on to the next project (likely a 49 styled track day car) so the clubby will just get minor fixes for this winter anyway.

    In more happy news i got my car road registered on 24th Dec. Had a reverse problem to you, it was over 40C and my legs were burning thanks to hot air coming in off the exhaust!
    Also got the cruise control to function, FYI the clutch cut off signal is gnd unless pressed which is the reverse of the brake cut off.

    Cheers,
    Taffy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations on getting the car registered, I expect it flew through with flying colours. The 49 track day car sounds great fun, I don't know how you have the energy for all the building!

      The supercharger is great when it comes to performance but I get really poor fuel consumption. For a car I basically use for country outings and very rarely a race around the lanes with an MC I'm almost considering putting it back to standard. I posted on the GKD forum this morning with more detail.

      We have such a short summer in Sweden so I'd really appreciate it being hotter longer.

      Cheers for now
      Steve

      Delete
    2. Hi Taffy, can you send an email to my Scania account as your email address bounced.
      Thanks
      Steve

      Delete
    3. Hey Steve,

      Sorry i changed ISP and they cut off access to your emails. taffy(dot)flynn(at)gmail(dot)com is my new email.


      Cheers,
      Taffy

      Delete