Steve's GKD Legend

Steve's GKD Legend
Still, On the road again!

Search This Blog

Sunday 25 March 2012

On the road by Easter? Place your bets!

Well, I didn't receive any phone call to tell me the panels were ready but I don't mind as I still have internal jobs to do that are much easier with the panels off,  like seats.

I had another go at making a bracket for resting the clutch foot. I bought a pedal set on one of my trips but because the pedals are so close together I couldn't use it. Instead I cut one of the pedal covers in half and bolted it to a bracket which I can slide up and down the frame rail for fine adjustment. 
On a long trip I used to get cramp in my foot as there was nowhere to rest it.

Another job was getting the LED lights sanded down, filled and sanded again. I had to get at least one done as tomorrow I'm handing over all the fiberglass parts to a chap at work who has a paintshop. I was using a wing as a sanding block to get the light to the right shape.
Cut down lamp casing, one more to go! I'll put a circle of rubber between the lamp and the wing. 
All the fiber bits ready for filling, sanding, painting and varnishing. I can't wait to get them back!

Drilled holes for the water heater pipes and connected them to the engine side. The battery fitted nicely over the top.

I hope the heater actually works after all this. The main problem is going to be demisting the windscreen.

No comments:

Post a Comment