Steve's GKD Legend

Steve's GKD Legend
Still, On the road again!

Search This Blog

Sunday 18 March 2012

Sickness slows things down

Unfortunately picked up a cold last week which finally took its toll Friday afternoon. Even with a few pints of Jims homebrew to celebrate Saint Patricks day didn't get rid of it. Therefore the enthusiasm has been a bit low but still managed to fix a few things. I picked up the painted test piece from Danbo and  it looks really great. If the rest of the panels look like this I'll be extremely happy.
Hopefully all the panels will be ready by Friday

The longer brake pipes were also ready to pick up and £20 for both was a great price, plastic coated too! I put them in place along with the springs to limit the turning circle, plastic sleaving etc. Only the toe has to be adjusted now but that'll wait until I rivet the side panels on as I can't put the panels on while the shocks are in place and that may throw the steering out.
I went with the cut springs instead of the other alternatives even has the natural spring damping on full lock.
I'll put the disks and brakes back on later.

I tried a couple of solutions for the LED lights that will go on the rear wings (lights, stop lights and indicators) but they didn't look good at all. In the end I cut into the original lamp housing to reduce its thickness. 
I may reduce it even further but have to strengthen it.
Before cutting I used plastic padding to stick the screw tubes to the casing. Then put in a layer of plastic padding in the base. Later I'll shape the rear so it matches the rounded shape of wing.

2 comments:

  1. Hope you feeling better Steve - the advantages of owning bikes is fairly obvious - rather than endless blogging from the garage, I am out everyday in the sunshine blatting around the south east!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. But you have about 6 bikes Andy so there should always be one you can ride! The weather is an issue as well as the long list of improvements I decided to do. Next year though I'll be blatting before you!

    ReplyDelete