Steve's GKD Legend

Steve's GKD Legend
Still, On the road again!

Search This Blog

Thursday 18 April 2013

Dyno not so good

Monday it was time for the dyno test at Turbo Center. The forecast the week before was for sunshine and clear skies but ... Luckily I only had to drive 6km in drizzle but still not fun. If I had the windscreen on at least I could have driven fast enough for the rain to blow over. Then I had to wait out in the rain as the place was full up with other cars. But anyway eventually the tests started but to cut a long story short, it didn't go well. Basically there was an issue with fuel pressure. Trouble was they had no experience with the rising rate fuel regulator and suggested removing it, remapping, changing injectors etc. Talking to Peter we decided to adjust it once I get over to Maidstone in a couple of weeks.
Got to around 164 HP at the wheels before they decided to stop the test
A real pity I didn't find out the cars real potential, will have to wait until England. To make things worse it rained harder on the way home!

Decided to get on with a few miscellaneous jobs. I attached the rear boot hood using the same attachment points I have for the soft top. It's a really neat solution GKD has come up with. 
Just like the rear carpet it fits snugly around the roll bar.
Fits nice and tightly.
The only small issue is that there is no attachment at the front, so it could flap around or rain could eventually gather and roll into the car. I'm going to put holes every ten centimetres or so along the edge of the cover and then corkscrew an elastic rope round the roll bar. That way there is a slight slope towards the rear.
It looks so good I'll leave it in place unless I have the soft top on.
The fasteners that came with the rear carpet didn't hold very long so I bought a different type from Carhoods on E-bay HERE

Another job was holding the battery in place. I bought the Red Top 25 battery box but there was no room for it. Ended up with a type of motorcycle solution. 
The rubber ring bolts to the base of the aluminium bulk head with the other end stretched up and over a plastic ring I bolted to a home made bracket. As you can see the air filter isn't in a good place, hardly any cold air getting to it. That's another challenge to solve.

3 comments:

  1. Shame about the dyno outcome, hope you can get it sorted. There must be somewhere nearby that's got the capability to get it properly mapped?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peter is going to take a look when I come over, he'll also book the dyno he usually uses. Hopefully that will all happen on the 7th of May, so it's ready to fly at Brands.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fingers crossed they can sort it for you. I'm sure they will be able to get it into good enough shape for you to enjoy Brands, at least.

    ReplyDelete