Steve's GKD Legend

Steve's GKD Legend
Still, On the road again!

Search This Blog

Sunday 17 April 2011

The great escape begins!

I arranged the digger, found someone who wanted the soil and borrowed a dump truck from work to transport it. By the time Saturday had finished 6 loads had been moved to someone elses garden. I hope the calculations are correct and I can actually get the car out!
Freddie and I moved the wood!

I marked out the bit to be removed.

Not much left to do - yer right!

Scania G380 - I was worried about scratching the paintwork!

The next step is to put up supporting walls, I don't want the neighbours garden falling in on my car! I also have to get a layer of 0-30mm stones and then finish off with small pebbles.

I also managed to get a couple of things done on the car. Engine fan, quite a few double cable connectors and I also levelled the car as it was difficult  to see if anything else was straight.
Radiator fan installed

Installed the battery connector next to the coil pack (I still don't know what I connect to it or from it!)

The side hose that needs to be cut and plugged. I hope this M16 bolt is going to work!

I placed the nose cone in position again, this time with the car and nose cone perfectly horizontal and there is large gap on the driver's side between it and the chassis, where as the passenger side fits nicely. 

If I push it down to remove the gap then the bottom of the nose cone is misaligned as well as the nose cone is no longer horizontal. What to do?

I'm hoping that my trip to the uk in two weeks will solve a lot of unanswered questions that are stopping any real progress. I want the car up and running within 5 weeks (that's when the garage door should be here and installed) so latest 22nd May - that's positive thinking for you!





No comments:

Post a Comment