Steve's GKD Legend

Steve's GKD Legend
Still, On the road again!

Search This Blog

Sunday 10 April 2011

Spring is in the air!

The last of the snow has just about melted, I reckon it'll be gone by Wednesday, my youngest son Fredrik say Tuesday! Not so much time on the car this weekend as I had to fix the wooden decking which was crushed when the snow slid of the roof, then raking leaves and then started moving the wood pile which is in the way of getting the car out. I attached the radiator and pipes.
The toe out is really apparent
Pipes in place. I had to tap out the thread for the fan temp sensor as it as M8 and not M14

I'll get the fan attached to the front of the radiator once I get the attachments which were missing from the box! Then it was on to attaching the nose cone and headlight bar. The Dremmel with the small round barrel shaped sanding attachment was great for taking away fine areas of fiberglass.

I temporarily fitted the headlights and realised I'll need to change the glass as they are UK and not for left hand driving.

I placed the scuttle in place, attached the BOSS kit to my new steering wheel and put it in place in the car. I hardly have any vertical movement to adjust the steering column - I hope the SFRO people won't fail it on the view of  the instruments.
X marks the spot - I put this here to stop me cutting out the wrong side!

I got the second fuel sensor sent to me in the  post but unfortunately it was broken when I got it. I'll check with BMW how much a new one costs or get one from e-bay.
Seats and steering wheel temporarily in place.

Can someone help me here? The original place for the accelerator cable is the hole on the right going to the slot behind on the right. The bonnet won't clear it in this position so I was going to simply move it and use the hole and slot on the left and then cut the rest of the bracket away - sound okay? Also does anyone know where the hose marked with the white arrow goes?

2 comments:

  1. The different slots give you different amounts of pedal travel (this should become clear if you fiddle with it). You will probably want the one which gives less travel (I'm finding that I have too much travel) - this may or may not be the one you're thinking of cutting off... if not then go ahead, if it is, then you might end up needing to adjust pedal travel through some other mechanism. If you've got the pedal handy, I would hook it up and experiment to see what feels right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dave, it seems that the lower one gives the less movement, which is handy. I haven't connected the pedal yet as I'm not sure how the cable goes through the bulkhead. As you say though, leave the cutting until later.

    ReplyDelete