Steve's GKD Legend

Steve's GKD Legend
Still, On the road again!

Search This Blog

Sunday 3 July 2011

Just electrics to do

Last minute odd's and sod's done today. Finished the bonnet catches, riveting, attached the grill, checking for things not done, wing mirrors and even pulled the plastic protection paper off the panels.

Used the Dremel to cut out a larger hole for the grill. I used an M3 die to make a thread for the grill supports.

I added some rubber strip between the rear panel and frame to stop any possible vibration.

Everything in place except the instrument panel and switches

I went for a long drive today, well about 4km around the streets and it was so fantastic, it's made all the hours in the cellar, probably 300 or more, all worth it. Got to about 65km/h (very quickly) with no major issues, a few vibrations which  I'll need to find. Aluminium and black looks great but the look of the aluminium won't last and besides I'm sure an all black car will look great.

No helmet hair for me!

SFRO test worries:
  • The upper steering joint - Although I think it's okay!
  • The bonnet - the catches make the bonnet a little lose
  • Not sure about anything else, brakes! wheel alignment ....

No comments:

Post a Comment