Steve's GKD Legend

Steve's GKD Legend
Still, On the road again!

Search This Blog

Wednesday 20 July 2011

SFRO 2 - PASSED!

It was a border line case but it was a PASS! In the end it was a case of how much rockwool (used as house insulation) to put in the exhaust pipe without producing too much back pressure while still reducing the sound. The car went through the sound test with 84dB(A) and the limit is 84! I'm going to have to change air filter because at high revs the back pressure was slightly too much creating a sound that went well over the limit.

I get the feeling though that the MOT (registration test) will be harder as emission levels, brakes, lights etc are all checked. The ICL shows Miles as standard and kilometers in the inner ring, I hope this is acceptable.

Now I need to find an earlier date than the September 12th that I have been offered …

No comments:

Post a Comment