Steve's GKD Legend

Steve's GKD Legend
Still, On the road again!

Search This Blog

Thursday 3 March 2011

Harsh braking

All brakes are just about finished, I have an issue with the drivers side front caliper bracket as it doesn't seem to be a standard thread. Other than that I have laid out all the brake pipes and connected the pedal box and both brake cylinders and clutch.
The cylinders come with rubber rings that can be discarded. The size does matter!

This kit is a left hand drive so most things have to be mirrored accept of course the pedals! When the pedal box goes in it has to be bolted to the floor pan, don't forget to use some sealant round the holes!

The 3 way brake connector bolted to the rear diff plate.

I'm running out of things to do before the engine and gearbox go in. I cleaned the gearbox which now looks pretty good, not sure whether to change the clutch or not, will take a look in the next day or so. I wanted to put the wheels on before I try and get the engine in as I need to roll the car back to give room for the lift.
Nice rear end!

Once I sort out the front caliper bracket problem I'll connect the brake hoses and get the wheels on.

I'm really happy with the wheels, after taking them to one of those DIY jet washers they look great. I even ordered 4 new BMW centre covers from e-bay to really give that final touch!

The gearbox just needed a quick squirt of WD-40 and a wire brush but the engine requires a little more. A final clean may have to wait until I can take the engine somewhere to have it professionally cleaned but that will have to wait until I have it fitted in the car!

No comments:

Post a Comment