Steve's GKD Legend

Steve's GKD Legend
Still, On the road again!

Search This Blog

Sunday 15 May 2011

ENGINE STARTS!!

I got the instrument panel lights to work but there was no voltage to the fuel pump or spark plugs. A few phone calls to Peter and we worked out that a cable on the connection block was in the wrong place so there was  no power getting to the fuel pump, coil, relays etc. I dragged off the fuel pipes as they went into the engine just to check I had them the correct way around - I checked the fuel pump again and petrol poured out on to the floor - the pump worked and the pipes were round the right way!
Nice to see some life


After connecting the pipes back it was time to turn the engine over again - and what a brilliant feeling as it burst into life. There is no final stage exhaust on yet so it was a bit loud but that's not a worry it's supposed to be loud so everyone can share in my proud achievement :-)

No fan belt yet so couldn't keep the engine on for long.

I bought a new BMW plate to cover the spark plugs, sprayed the air filter with oil tidied up the battery cables.

I also worked a little bit outside to prepare the driveway for stones. The hard plastic sheet is covered with round indentations to allow airflow to pass between the wood and earth - helps against rotting.
Before I lay the stones I'll put down a fibre membrane which stops weeds and also keeps the stones from shifting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment