Steve's GKD Legend

Steve's GKD Legend
Still, On the road again!

Search This Blog

Sunday 29 May 2011

A Marathon weekend

Some progress but couldn't do much on Saturday as I spend way too much time running the Stockholm marathon. Just shows what happens when there are other distractions than training!
Freddie and I setting up the front wheel alignment

We also set up the rear alignment and tightened up all the nuts and bolts. Hopefully everything is set up at least so it's drivable. Then I decided to bend the rear side panel on the passenger side but didn't do a very good job. It will need some filling and hopefully when the car is painted next spring it will look a lot better.

Very difficult to bend paneling around a rounded object.

Started marking out the dashboard for the buttons. Had to buy a gradient drill as I couldn't find a normal drill of 21mm

Finally, with the help of the boys, got the last of the gravel raked out. I'll need to get a few more wooden impregnated beams to finish the retaining wall off. Plus I'll need a couple of trailers full of small stones to lay out on the gravel.
Christopher standing in the middle makes the driveway look very narrow but it's the camera lense, in reality it more than three meters wide.

2 comments:

  1. Nice job on folding the curved bit - I had to cut a notch in mine to make it fit nicely (I filled it with filler again afterwards).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed it looks like you have done a better job bending the small rear wings than me!
    I think your drive way will be wide enough, even with the poor turning circle, you might need to stop, reverse and turn again but after driving the car on Wednesday it wasn't as bad as I first expected.

    ReplyDelete