Steve's GKD Legend

Steve's GKD Legend
Still, On the road again!

Search This Blog

Friday 3 June 2011

Freeeedoooom!

The modified steering arm arrived from Peter yesterday and Neil and I spend this morning attaching it. The upper bracket doesn't look right and I'm sure will need modifying to get it SFRO approved but the lower bracket is doing a great job.
The steering arm, plug welds in three positions around the circumference of the joints - SFRO should be happy now!

The lower bracket - room for some adjustment but probably not needed.

The upper bracket (round, black top right) with the BMW steering arm going through it but how should it be attached - Help needed! 

Once the steering was installed it was time .......



I need a lesson in how to drive!


The first trip up the road and back was a pure exhilaration. I had to hold on to a few bits and pieces as the dashboard isn't installed yet but apart from that it behaved beautifully and sounded fantastic! The response through the gears was unbelievable (only got to third)! Another quick video - listen out for the sound of something hitting metal at high speed.


I don't think it was the neighbour taking pot shots - mind you!

... then it was back to getting on with the build and trying to fix the dashboard. The gradient drill worked very well drilling out the holes for the buttons.

Looks pretty good, I'm not sure if they have to be in any particular order.

One more update photo as I'm really happy with how it's going!

Small sump leak but I think it's a bolt that's too long, a little smoke from the exhaust joint but that was just oil I used to help put it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment